Sunday, August 28, 2016

Go Fish! Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Hello everyone! Hope y'all had a fantastic weekend.  I just finished my project for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and I am so excited to share it with you.  The theme this week is Go Fish so I decided to use some of my favorite Sand and Sea elements from Tim Holtz and of course my favorite Ranger Distress Inks.


I started by creating a background onto watercolor card stock using Distress Inks and water.  I added additional stamped elements in the background as well as some texture with stencils and Ranger matte texture paste.
The Sand and Sea elements were cut from grungeboard- painted and then the seahorse was covered with Rock Candy Crackle paint. Once dry I added a bit of distress stain, this is a technique I learned in one of Tim's s12 tags of 2014-july. i also created the "sand" using the technique from the same 12 tags lesson. 
The entire panel was place atop a Tim Holtz Canvas Panel- covered in tissue wrap and lightly sprayed with Distress stains.  - and as a final touch I added the fish netting prior to attaching the main panel to the canvas.


Thanks so much for joining me today, I had so much fun with this challenge- be sure to check out Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge each week for some fun and inspiration!.
Embrace Imperfection!
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Your creation is gorgeous! Love the fabulous texture and embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment