Friday, August 21, 2015

Cut it Up Challenge DT Inspiration: Old School

This week on the Cut it Up Challenge blog we are going Old School!  Yup that's right, use an old technique or even something old from your stash and OF COURSE a die cut!

For my DT inspiration I dove into my stash of original Sizzix dies (remember the red ones??) and  chose the pumpkins, because after all - HALLOWEEN is coming and as many of you know it's My FAVORITE holiday to design!


The background of this card is  a stencil mono print with distress ink- using The Crafter's Workshop Stencil - I just love how this pattern reminds me of a jack o"lantern smile!
The pumpkins were die cut from grunge paper, run through my Xyron Creative Station and then covered with Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint (stems) Distress Glitter.  The best thing about Distress glitter is it can be inked afterwards so I added a bit of Vintage Photo Distress ink to the edges. The pumpkin faces were colored with Black Soot distress ink and covered with clear embossing powder for a shine.  A bit of yellow Stickles applied to the eyes for a glow.


Trick or Treat was added using Tim Holtz Alpha Parts and just a little bit of Distress Paint.





So break old that OLD SCHOOL stash or even an old technique and join us this week for the Cut it Up Challenge!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card full of texture and dimension! I love a card I can see with my eyes and feel it without actually touching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty card!!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of grunge board! My grunge board sat unopened in my craft room for years and I finally just gave it away last Spring during my craft room purge. I also love your correlated background. Wonderful sparkle and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love!!!!! Halloween! Super project. Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really enjoy your crafting zone. This card looks like so much fun to create! I love making stuff for Halloween, too! :)

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may have a red die or two somewhere, too! LOVE your card -- it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well designed card with great old tools and techniques. CIU DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, just so cute! I remember those dies - think I still have a few LOL.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment