Friday, July 24, 2015

I, Robot!

Happy Friday crafty peeps! Today I am sharing my DT inspiration project for this week's Cut it Up Challenge.  This week's theme is "Use a Number" and as always you must also you a die cut.

I decided to make a boy's birthday card since I have been dying to use my Tim Holtz mini blueprint Robot stamps.  I call this project I, Robot for those of you who may have seen the movie!


The background piece was created using Ranger Foil card stock which I ran through the Vagabond with the Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder.  The technique used to make the foil look like steel is "painted industrial" from Tim Holtz- I thought this would make a super background for these robots.
The blueprints were stamped in Ranger Archival ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Pumice Stone Distress ink was applied over top and I used some embellishments to really give the "nuts and bolts" effect. The robots were adhered to the background piece with homemade Xyron dimensional tape (see my video here).







The sentiment "celebrate" is my die cut (TH Sizzlits) for this card and it was cut from the foil card stock to coordinate with the background and adhered with the Xyron 3" Sticker Maker.

I hope you join in the fun this week for the Cut It Up Challenge- so get out your dies and die cutting machine and get inky!

I am entering this project in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge i scream for....: 
I, Robot

7 comments:

  1. This turned out really cool Pam! It's one of my favorite projects from the challenge!!! LOVE IT! :)

    Theresa (CIU DT Sister)
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Your super cool robots and that background is amazing along with the celebrate sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like this! It's sort of like a trip to a Disney exhibit for me! The overall is great, but delving into all the fun details is never-ending. I love projects like that. The foil sentiment is amazing. As always, thanks for sharing all your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo! Been waiting to see how you created this FABULOUS card! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the metal accents. They and the color choices make these robots seem to come to life right from the blueprints.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card you've created here! It is all boy, yet I love how you've included such sophisticated elements like the metallic "celebrate" sentiment. I also like how you incorporated gears! The background is simply incredible with all of those seams and rivets. You did a phenomenal job and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely the coolest steam punk card EVER. It's CUTE-iful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment