Friday, June 12, 2015

Fourth of July Series: Cut it Up Challenge DT Inspiration

Happy Friday! TGIF!! Welcome back for another project in my 4th of July Series, I have had so much fun creating with the red,white, and blue!
Today I invite you to join in the challenge on the Cut it Up Challenge Blog and how appropriate the theme is Stars & Stripes, and as always you must use a die cut.
Here's my DT inspiration:

The background was stamped with my Tim Holtz Americana Silhouettes stamp with Distress Paint (as a resist) and inked over with Distress ink.  I love how this created the look of patterned paper.  As much as I love paper (you should see my craft room collection!) I really love making my own backgrounds! The flag is a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die, cut from grunge board.  After running it through my Xyron Creative Station (5" Permanent Adhesive), I applied the various colors of Distress glitter to make the flag (with a bit of careful masking). 

The stars were cut from the same die in grungeboard and painted with Brushed Pewter Distress paint.   Chit Chat stickers were added for the sentiment!
The card was framed with ribbon-cut to size and run through my Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker.  This is definitely my favorite tool to adhere ribbon! And of course a few additional stars (Tim's ideology line) were added, colored with alcohol inks.

Be sure to stop by the Cut it Up Challenge blog and see all the other talented designers' creations and join in the fun with us this week!
And of course stay tuned for more in my Fourth of July Series!


7 comments:

  1. That background is amazing! I've not played with distress paint, but I'm inspired to try that now! Thanks for sharing your creative ideas; you never fail to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Great shimmery look and the background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project looks amazing! LOVE all the details! You give Tim Holtz a run for his money I tell ya!! Have a Creative Weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card!! Love it!! Have a great weekend!!
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, such a fun, festive card! I love all the sparkles and the paper you used is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Stars & Stripes card; love the chunky glitter on the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous & super FUN!! Love this! New Follower.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment