Saturday, March 28, 2015

You're Tee-Riffic Paper Smooches Designer Drafts Challenge

This week's Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge is Designer Drafts-here is the layout:

I have been thinking about a design for this one all week and it came to me this morning! Taking my dogs for a walk (we live on a golf course) this morning and for the first time since early February we can actually see the green rolling hills of the course.  While I love snowshoeing on the course in winter I am more than ready to see the beautiful tailored greens and smooth fairways.  OH and by the way I don't golf-lol.  
I knew I had the Paper Smooches Stamp set My Guy which includes some golf themed stamps, so I put this inspiration together with the above design and here is the result:



I recreated the rolling hills and stamped the holes with flags onto the green card stock.  I re-stamped them again onto white card stock, colored and cut them out and essentially paper pieced these to the original stamped images.  To adhere the tiny pieces I ran them through the Xyron 150 sticker maker- love this adhesive for paper piecing, especially such small elements. 


The flags and golf balls were then covered with glossy accents.

The background was made by running white yardstick through a tiny dots embossing folder and lightly colored with distress ink.  the cute cart was stamped onto Neenah desert storm card stock and colored with Intense pencils, I love the look of these pencils on kraft.

Hope you join in on this week's challenge at Paper 
SmoocheSparks!
Paper Smooches

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun is that sweet little golf scene. Love your card. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this!! Such a FUN Design!! Your Coloring and and Paper Piecing Skillz are AMAZING!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment