Friday, March 20, 2015

Easter is just around the corner - I best get HOPPIN'

With Easter just around the corner-it was definitely time to start making some Easter Cards.  I decided to do 2 cards using the same background technique-yet with very different looks.

The first card is true to my style-inky and grungy.  I am going to be teaching this background technique in the coming months. It was done with a stencil, distress ink and embossing powder.  For the grungy card the white card stock was then inked with Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen Distress inks.  For the second more clean and simple card, the background was left white with just the pastel circles.  Same technique, same stencil, same inks but a totally different look!


The bunny was cut from Grungeboard using Tim Holtz's Easter die. The egg from the Tim Holtz's blueprint stamp series- stamped on watercolor card stock and water colored with distress inks.  I used a bit of a different technique to color the ideology flowers.  I first painted them with Picket Fence distress paint and then colored them with alcohol inks.  I like this look better than just painting them-so much more texture.
Of course I added a sentiment with chit chat stickers, adhered with my Xyron 150 sticker maker, and layered that on an inked piece of burlap.
The grass was cut from Tim Holtz green distress card stock using the Tattered Fringe die and inked and tattered.

So now for the clean and simple card- I love the juxtaposition of the two cards with the same background technique- one just a LITTLE more inky : ).



The focal image here is one of the Stampendous Calendar Chicks (now retired).  I added a ribbon, which I adhered by running through my Xyron- I find this the best way to adhere ribbon!

I will be entering these into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Spring Pinterest Inspiration and the Creative Card Crew Challenge #83 Easter Critters.



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

5 comments:

  1. I love both the cards!! They are so colourful and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Cathy! your bunny card is super adorable,. I so luv the design...cute polka dotted chickie card too! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cards full of fun. the bottom one is my favorite, thanks for joining us at creative card crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute! love the sparkle on the first and the bit of shine on the eggs on the second! Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and lovely colors. Thank you for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew
    Big hug, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment