Saturday, February 14, 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge: Picture Perfect

Here is the inspirational photo from this week's Paper Smooches challenge and alongside my project:

I was inspired right away by the colors- they reminded me of sherbet ice cream- raspberry and orange flavors.  So I decided to use the Paper Smooches stamp set Sugar Rush  and for colors I used Memento Dye ink- Rose Bud and Tangelo.  After stamping the ice cream cone- I cutie out and used texture paste (colored with the inks) to make the actual ice cream scoops.


Such great texture- looks good enough to eat! And of course I had to add sprinkles! 
The background was stamped in the same ink colors-alernating two sentiments from the stamp set. I then layered this panel onto a panel covered with gold embossing ink- to bring in the gold from the photo.  The final white background was dry embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder- I picked this one because it mimicked the pattern of the candle holder.


Picture perfect challenges are always fun and challenging!! You can play along too- details are 





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your take on the inspiration photo and that ice cream looks yummy enough to eat! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment