Tuesday, May 20, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 Tim Holtz May Entry

Just finished my Tim Holtz inspired tag for May.  I actually decided to use a tag that I had made last week when I was playing with distress paint resist, making backgrounds.  So with that as my base to work from, I made a tag to dedicate to my love Katie for all her love and support of my craft/studio time and again for encouraging me to head to Novi to meet Tim.  I just love the colors in this tag.  The background was stamped with a music background stamp in antique linen distress paint, dried and then I applied distress inks (Festive berries and worn lipstick).  For the May tag I gathered all my Tim trinkets and picked some fun ones that went along with my theme.  I used Seasonal Kraft core and cut out the word Cherish- sanded and used it as the focal point to my tag, since my shadow press texture fades have yet to arrive.  I mounted each trinket on a chipboard piece and used the seasonal kraft core or the seasonal kraft resist for the background then applied my trinkets accordingly.  Of course using a little bit of distress glitter (my new obsession) for the hearts!





1 comment:

Post a Comment