Friday, March 21, 2014

Hello Honey...Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge

Today I headed back down to the newly organized studio (thanks to my sweetie) to create for the Paper Smooches challenge.  I have had this idea in my head since watching Jennifer McGuire's Video on coloring embossing paste...so today I put it into action!  The background was created with Heidi Swap's honeycomb stencil and embossing paste, colored with Distress ink reinker squeezed lemonade. After applying the paste I used Rainbow sparkle embossing powder over it to give it some shine.  Applied mustard seed distress ink with a blending tool to cream color cardstock as the base prior to embossing. The honeycomb, bees and sentiment are from the Paper Smooches BEE MINE set and were stamped on patterned paper and paper pieced and colored for an added dimension. Matching paper was used to mat the first layer and the sentiment.  I used red patterned paper for the bees wings because they reminded me of hearts (actually Katie saw this first and I ran with it!).  See below for the supplies used and check back for the pics of the new studio!!









1 comment:

Post a Comment